Salmon is one of my favorite meals to eat and my family loves it too. I keep some canned wild salmon on hand to whip up these salmon cakes. I change it up based on what vegetables I have on hand. These salmon cakes are also a great way to hide some healthy greens too. They can be baked or fried in coconut oil on the stove. I’ve done it both ways and both turn out great!
- 3 cans of wild salmon (6 oz. each)
- 1/4 grated sweet onion
- 2 grated carrots
- 1-2 grated yellow squash
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 3 pastured eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground golden flax meal
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp each fresh rosemary, parsley and basil
- Mix all the veggies in a large bowl with the salmon. Add in the coconut flour and flax meal plus the salt, herbs and spices. Mix well. Add the eggs and mix until it comes together. Form into patties with your hands.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until top is browned. OR cook in coconut oil on the stove top until crispy.
- Serve hot.
I like to serve mine with a side of brussels sprouts or green beans. I also like to add some mashed cauliflower as a side. If you can tolerate dairy, creme fraiche is a wonderful topping for each salmon cake.