This is my favorite pesto so far. I could probably eat it everyday! I get a lot of compliments on this whenever I make it. One of the easiest and most versatile dishes to make. It is made with a combination of cilantro and jalapeno peppers. Seeds and ribs are removed so the heat level is tolerable.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 4 medium jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- Pour olive oil, walnuts, salt, pepper and lemon juice into blender and pulse.
- Add jalapeno peppers and cilantro. Pulse blender until desired consistency.
- Using a spatula, transfer pesto to a medium-size serving dish.
- Consistency can be modified by adding or removing greens/olive oil, and/or nuts. Grated cheese is sometimes added to this. Any green and/or nut can be substituted.
- Serve as a side or over meats or salads. This is very versatile. The oiliness makes drier meats such as chicken breast and wild pork/venison, much more fun to eat.
This recipe does not print worth a dang on Chrome.
Nor is there a print button.
Carolyn Graff says
There is a print button on the very bottom right side. Does that work for you?