Sometimes we over-complicate healthy living. Today, author, coach, and nutrition & fitness expert Ben Greenfield, brings insights on how to improve our health based on ancient wisdom. While Ben is known as a “biohacker,” who uses technology and science for peak performance and health, he also has a profound understanding of simple ways that we can mimic the health practices of our ancestors for optimal health.
Ben discusses the benefits of grounding, catching sunlight, and cold exposure, for example, that we can incorporate into everyday health habits, wherever we are today. He shows us how to use modern-day technology to benefit our physical and mental health in this post-industrial world. He shares his own personal hacks that he uses to mitigate exposure to radiation when traveling, not to mention his biggest “dial mover” when it comes to his own health and fitness. In the end, he points us to the ultimate combination of health and life span for the most fulfillment and joy.
Highlights of the conversation include:
- How to use technology to approximate natural ancestral living for health
- The benefits of stressors of light, heat, grounding, water, and cold
- How to counteract and minimize radiation effects
- Travel hacks: fasting or eating keto (macadamia nuts, beef jerky, or ketone salts, etc.)
- The research Ben conducts: one book per day and 5-6 research articles per day
- The main purpose of biohacking and ancestral wisdom
- The end game – ultimate combination of health and life span
- How to live forever (w/o using cryonics)
- The significance of the “life book” that Ben worked on
- The origin of “biohacking” (from a group called “The Grinders”)
- Ben’s personal goal and purpose in life
- How to use your body to become more attuned to mother earth
- The most impactful and surprising biohack that has improved Ben’s own health
- Ben’s new book coming out in January
Ben’s website – https://bengreenfieldfitness.com
Ben’s upcoming book – Superhumanrxbook.com
BluShield – products for protection against EMFs
Coolfatburner.com – ice-packing vests🖨️ Print post
Thank you for the episode. Can you send a link for the YouTube video of the children in Siberia? Thank you!