In her twenties, Razi Berry was suffering from fibromyalgia, fatigue, and pain. Her doctors told her that she should go on medication and disability for the rest of her life. Unwilling to accept their prognosis, Razi became her own “health detective.” She began exploring alternatives and came upon naturopathic therapies that have helped restore her to full health today. She had fertility issues, hair loss, and more. Now, she enjoys good health and vitality. She is able to homeschool her two young daughters and oversee her award-winning journal, “The Naturopathic Doctor News & Review.”
Naturally, Razi is a proponent of organic, whole foods over fad diets. Her heart’s desire is to empower people to take charge of their health and discover the vibrant health they were intended to enjoy.
Razi Berry was extremely fatigued in her twenties. She describes herself as being like “a wind-up doll that constantly needed winding.” She was suffering with fibromyalgia, pain, hair loss, infertility, and more. Doctors suggested she go on medications and disability. At age 25, this was a diagnosis she could not accept. She became her own “health detective” and came across naturopathic remedies that helped her heal. Changing her diet also led her on the path to wellness.
She is committed to helping others find their way, as well.
In today’s episode you will learn:
- what first steps she took to recover health–including eating more animal products, organ meats, deep breathing, and getting sufficient sleep
- how she came upon naturopathic medicine
- the roots of naturopathic medicine (the vitalist movement)
- the improvements she saw
- the dangers of detoxing (without a doctor’s support)
- the principles of naturopathic medicine
- naturopathic therapies, including hot/cold showers, wet socks, etc.
- the myth of “side” effects
- how your skin is a mirror of your health
- how Razi applies her health approach in her work and at home
- her most important advice: how to approach your own wellness
Naturopathic Doctor News & Review – ndnr.com
Naturopathic health site – thenatpath.com