WAP SWISS TOUR with Swiss Native Judith Mudrak
Thursday, July 21 Thursday, August 4 2016 (15 days)
Join and make new friends with 12-16 like-minded, healthy WAP members!
Do you enjoy learning, walking and good company with like-minded WAP folks?
Then this is the tour for YOU! Many WAPFers age 7 to 84 have already toured!
Program (subject to unforeseen changes)
- Watch modern and old-fashioned alpine cheese making – meet the farmers!
- Learn about raw meat, blood and sausage preservation – question the butchers. Enjoy a variety of cured local raw meat!
- Visit a unique dairy farm where milk is not allowed to shake – learn about honey bees!
- Worm farming? Listen and question a worm farmer – see his money making operation!
- Walk with an herbalist on a guided alpine plant adventure and learn basic hands on salve making. Take your salve home!
- Use your elbow grease to make ancient sourdough rye bread using the old wooden dough troth – in a historical mountain village! Guided walk to the heirloom rye fields!
- Visit the Alimentarium (historical food museum) and take a steamboat ride to the famous Medieval Castle Chillon on the beautiful lake of Geneva!
- Ride the breathtaking gondola (or walk the path through the cliffs of the mountains) to the 1000 sheep festival on the Gemmi Mountain!
- Visit a museum and a research institute
- Enjoy the route of the Glacier Express with spectacular mountain views!
- Walk the Lötschental where Dr. Price walked and find the brand new plaque in his honor!
You must obtain own flight and Swiss Rail Pass. More details on inland fee ($2055.00) by February 2016.
For more info please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: WAPCH16.
Or slow mail: Send self addressed, stamped envelope to: Judith Mudrak,
58 Cranberry Run, Southampton, NJ 08088 USA. Phone: (609) 859-3828 Eastern Standard Time.