Want fries as good as you remember back before the 1980’s? The secret is to fry them in beef tallow!
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup lard, tallow or butter
- OR 2-4 liters of rendered beef tallow for deep frying
- 4-6 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- unrefined sea salt and pepper
- fermented sriracha sauce
- homemade mayonnaise
- Cut potatoes into wedges and place on a baking sheet with lard, tallow or butter dabbed here and there. Bake at 325-350°F until cooked, approximately 60 minutes. Stir at least twice to mix in the fat.
- OR deep fry in beef tallow until the potato wedges turn golden brown and float to the surface.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fermented sriracha sauce and homemade mayonnaise.