Instead of making traditional potato pancakes, take a walk on the wild side. Create a flavor-packed root vegetable pancake that will blow your socks off.
- sweet potato
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- beet, red or golden
- daikon radish
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp organic sprouted flour (or organic unbleached flour)
- quality fat like olive oil, butter or lard
- Peel sweet potato, onion, and garlic.
- Scrub or peel the rest of the vegetables.
- Shred veggies using a food processor with a shredding disc.
- Using a large bowl, mix shredded vegetables with eggs, salt, pepper and flour. Mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium and add fat to prevent sticking. Use more as needed.
- Scoop no more than a 1/4 cup of mixture and flatten out.
- Cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side, flip and brown.
- Serve plain, or with sour cream or piima cream.
Get Creative – Change up the Ingredients
- add a turnip
- use only sweet potatoes, Yukon potatoes, onion and garlic
- add some zucchini to lighten up the pancakes
- remove some of the veggies in the ingredient list
- use a larger amount of some vegetables and less of others
- add some herbs
Leave a Reply