If you’ve ever reached for a cup of coffee or sugary snack to get through the day, this episode is for you. Many of us turn to caffeine or sugar to push through the initial stages of fatigue. And it’s no wonder why. The average person today has 100 times the stressors of people who lived one hundred years ago. We are constantly in fight or flight mode and this takes a toll on our health.
Today, Dr. Timothy Weeks, a holistic chiropractor, explains the science behind what’s going on in our bodies and he has concrete suggestions for how to better manage our stress. He believes stress is at the root of all of our disease in the modern world. He suggests looking at the elements–earth, air, water, and fire–for clues on building resilience and cultivating optimal health.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- How Dr. Tim’s childhood accident and subsequent health issues inspired him to become a chiropractor and help others achieve whole body health
- how sugar is detrimental and can lead to “carbohydrate intolerance”
- The importance of repairing hormonal exhaustion
- Why Dr. Tim says the whole story of health lies in the 3 phases of stress
- Most Americans are in the “resisting stress” phase, a continuous state of fight or flight.
- How most of us rely on caffeine and sugar to deal with the exhaustion phase
- When we reach the “exhaustion” phase, autoimmune disease or allergies show up
- Weight gain around belly, or for women on hips, is a sign of hormonal exhaustion
- How to recognize when your body is approaching the “utter exhaustion” phase of stress
- How we live in a “diagnosis paradigm” where doctors don’t recognize problems until they have progressed significantly
- How only a few things can go wrong in the body; they have to do w/ cell health.
- What “whole body health” means and how energy works on a cellular level
- How critical sunlight is: light sensitive cells in our eyes connect to every endocrine gland
- How blood pressure is an indicator of adrenal health and what it means
- How adding in the basics of nutrition–fat, mineral, and hydration–on a cellular level can help people with deep, long-standing health issues see drastic, positive changes
- Liver is “stored sunlight”
- How the elements help us figure out how to stay healthiest
Dr. Weeks’ website: https://www.wholebodyhealth.org/
Dr. Weeks’ YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/wholehealthneo/videos
Dr. Cowan’s book – Human Heart, Cosmic Heart
Dr. Cowan’s book – Cancer and the New Biology of Water🖨️ Print post