5G has become one of the most polarizing topics of 2020. A massive rollout and a related advertising campaign can make it challenging to distinguish facts from fiction. Today, Dafna Tachover, senior attorney & the director of 5G Wireless Harms (a project of the Children’s Health Defense), walks us through what 5G really is and how it threatens our health. She also reveals what’s driving its rapid roll out. For the record, it is not to facilitate faster downloads, as we’ve been told.
In truth, 5G is actually an infrastructure designed to connect things (not people) and collect our data, which is worth trillions of dollars for telecom companies. All the while, the microwave radiation (from pinging devices and small cell antennas) alters our DNA and causes a variety of symptoms—from headaches, sleep disturbances, and tingling in the hands, to neurological and reproductive issues and ADHD. Dafna points out, in particular, the results of the National Toxicology program that ran a 10-year study with results that expose the dangers posed by this level of radiation. This conversation is critical for 5G awareness and offers insights on how to protect ourselves from unnecessary radiation exposure.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- How 5G is not a technology—it’s an infrastructure to connect “things”
- How data collection is one of its objectives
- How smart devices interconnect & constantly transmit data via microwave radiation
- The biggest omission from the 5G conversation its effect on our health
- 800,000 small cell towers are being set up near homes throughout the U.S. to support the 20 billion wireless devices we want to use
- Issues from exposure include tingling hands, heart palpitations, headaches, sleep disturbances, micro-sickness, electro sensitivity, neurological issues, ADHD, etc.
- The National Toxicology program 10-year study showed alarming results
- In 2018, it provided clear evidence of cancer & in 2019 concluded that it alters DNA
- How the FDA concluded that the toxicology study results didn’t apply to humans
- FCC guidelines (not updated since 1996) maintain that there is no evidence of harm
- Children’s Health Defense is filing a lawsuit against the FCC
- Why the FCC is considered a “captive agency”
- How only part of the 5G structure uses millimeter waves; 4G antennas are also used
- 5G is about the intensification of the wireless infrastructure connecting everything
- How proximity/distance to radiation makes a difference on the body
- The importance of avoiding the use of so-called “smart devices” in the home
- Satellites’ role in radiation exposure & how they need antennas on the ground to connect to devices (plan to install 1 million antennas)
- Space X approved to launch 12K satellites, and has applied to launch 30K
- Our data is worth 11 trillion dollars per year to the telecom industry
- The EU’s Stop 5G Appeal – calls for a moratorium on the rollout of 5G, stating that harms are not “potential,” but existing & inaction is no longer an option
- How media is controlled by the telecom companies & how social media companies have major interest in wireless tech
- No proof of connection between 5G and Coronavirus
Article: The Brave New World of Bill Gates and Big Telecom Robert F. Kennedy Jr. & Dafna Tachober
Press Release: Children’s Health Defense Case against the FCC
The First submission in the case – “Petition for Review“
Children’s Health Defense action against the FCC’s OTARD rule which will allow cell towers on homes
We haven’t discussed this – but it may be worthwhile to share/know: 5G AirGig: What is It and Should You Be Worried?
A good short article about 5G: 5G and Wireless Technology Health Effects
Harvard article: “FCC: captured agency” – https://ethics.harvard.edu/files/center-for-ethics/files/capturedagency_alster.pdf