Danny and Maura Vega of “The Fat Fueled Family” podcast and website, dish out the realities of feeding their family with a ketogenic, ancestral-style diet. They go into what prompted them to start eating and living this way, how it affects their children and their lives as a whole.
They talk about the changes they’ve seen in their children’s health as they made the transition, how they equip their kids to handle peer pressure when it comes to their diet, and what their family’s must-have foods are.
This kicks off a summer 6-week series of bonus episodes, with a special emphasis on parenting.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- What made Danny and Maura dive into the ancestral eating world
- How they stumbled upon the Weston A. Price Foundation and began their unique blend of pale/keto/wise traditions eating
- How to raise children on ancestral foods when their peers eat the Standard American Diet
- The physical response to non-ancestral foods after eating a purely ancestral diet
- The importance of eating when hungry
- How to avoid the snack culture for kids
- Why our bodies seem to become more sensitive to foods when the food doesn’t agree with us
- Non-negotiable rules for the family’s foods as well as non-negotiable “must have” foods
- Handling family and friends who don’t understand or respect the way we eat
- Can we eat an ancestral diet while on a budget?
- Keeping the pantry clear of processed foods to promote healthy eating within the family
- The importance of getting our kids more involved in the kitchen to promote a love and appreciation of the foods we prepare.
https://www.instagram.com/fatfueledmom/🖨️ Print post
Leave a Reply