Toxins in our food and in our environment are wreaking havoc on our health. In today’s episode, Zen Honeycutt, the founder of Moms Across America, describes the most common toxins, what they do to us, and how to protect ourselves against them.
She goes into particular detail about the chemicals used in conventional agriculture and how they disrupt our gut health and the endocrine system. All of us are negatively impacted by toxins, of course, but Zen also explains how children are especially vulnerable to their effects.
Zen talks about how her mission to help people ease their toxic burden began with the desire to see her son overcome a life-threatening nut allergy. She made a bold promise to help him get better, which she was able to keep primarily by reducing his exposure to GMOs and pesticides.
Eliminating toxins from our diets is a great start for our own health. It’s also critical to take steps to achieve change on a greater level. Zen brings up current events including a growing case against Azure Organic Farm in Oregon. She emphasizes that in our communities, our cities, and on our farms, we must advocate for what is best for all of us. Zen will inspire you with stories of her own family’s fight for health and her call to action for a better future for all of us.
Learn more about Zen and her mission at momsacrossamerica.com
Zen was sick of feeling powerless about her son’s life-threatening nut allergy, so she made a bold promise to help him get better. By reducing his exposure to GMOs and pesticides, Zen was able to heal her son’s gut and nearly reverse his condition. Now she’s on a mission to teach parents how to minimize the toxic burden on themselves and their families. In this episode, Zen explains how chemicals used in conventional agriculture wreak havoc on our health. Glyphosate, a carcinogen applied to GMO crops, creates holes in the gut lining when ingested. Other pesticides are known to disrupt the endocrine system. Children are particularly vulnerable to these chemicals because their bodies and brains are still developing.
The good news is that we can eliminate these toxins from our diets and our kids’ diets, but we can’t stop there. We must advocate for regenerative farms and demand change from our politicians. The market for organic products has exploded in recent years, and chemical companies are getting nervous. They know they’ll be out of business if we continue on this trajectory–and Zen is determined to ensure that we will.
This episode highlights:
- That one out of two children has a chronic illness in the U.S.
- The steps to take when trying to overcome a food allergy
- A supplement that can help restore gut integrity
- Zen’s rebuttal for the argument that GMOs are harmless
- An upcoming hearing in California on the “safe level” of glyphosate (it’s zero!)
- The incidence of fraudulent organic labeling
- The organic farm under threat in Moro, Oregon (and how it affects all of us)
- Why GMOs don’t increase crop yields in the long run, and why they are not the solution to world hunger
- The story of one woman from?
- One out of two males and one out of three females are expected to get cancer in their lifetime in the U.S.
- Zen’s advice for listeners on how to improve their health