Hilda Labrada Gore, known as Holistic Hilda, is normally the host and producer of this show. Today, in honor of hitting the two million download mark, we turn the tables and invite her to impart her top health hacks as a guest on the program.
Hilda has traveled extensively, exploring wise traditions. She has conducted over 200 interviews for this podcast. She is a certified integrative nutrition health coach and an ACE-certified fitness professional. On this episode, Hilda shares her tips for improving energy and overall well-being. She tells her own journey and the story of the birth defect that jeopardized her health from the start. She offers insights on the power of sunlight to improve sleep and hormonal function, gives suggestions for how to transition to a more ancestral diet, and reveals the daily physical and spiritual practices that give her perspective and strength.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- What caused her birth defect (and how it might have been prevented)
- How she first encountered the Weston A. Price Foundation
- The reason we need to be skeptical about health fads and even what doctors tells us
- Why it’s important to do your own research
- The difference embracing real foods can make
- Why food with all the right labels may still be difficult for your body to process
- How to make it easier to serve your family nutritious food (cook once, eat several times)
- The surprising impact of sun on our health
- How the mitochondria get their energy from the sun
- The importance of getting outside…without sunscreen
- Morning sun time is critical – it sets the circadian rhythm, charges the mitochondria, etc.
- The “happy habit” that switched Hilda from night owl to a morning person
- Why sunrise beats “screen-rise” hands down
- How indigenous cultures had no need to “exercise,” per se
- The importance of developing a spiritual practice
Hilda’s book – Podcasting made simple
Wise Traditions podcast #161 “Biohacking our health”
Wise Traditions podcast #153 “Primal play: the joy of movement”
Wise Traditions podcast #6 “Make yourself better”
Wise Traditions podcast #3 “Holistic health for the two-legged and the four-legged”🖨️ Print post